Each poster will be on display for a whole day but poster presenters are only required to be at their poster for a single 1.5 hour session on their assigned topic. Posters should be put up starting at 08:00 before the first session begins and should be removed at the end of the day. Please be considerate of your fellow presenters by removing your poster at the assigned time. Posters that are not removed in the evening will be recycled at 07:00 the following morning.
Each poster is assigned a number indicating the location of its panel. A map of the numbered poster panels and lists of poster assignments are provided in the poster room and on the conference website. Staff will be available at registration and in the poster area to help presenters locate their poster space. Pushpins are provided to attach posters to the poster panels.
Poster presenters should plan to stand by their poster during their assigned session. Note that sessions 4 is split alphabetically into sub sessions (a) and (b). Check the poster assignment sheet to be sure you display in the correct sub-session.
Poster Creation Guidelines
Each presenter is provided with one side of a 72 inch high by 60 inch wide poster panel (see photo below). It’s recommended that your poster be roughly 60 inches (152.4 centimeters) vertical by 40 inches (101.6 centimeters) horizontal so that it fits comfortably within the space on the poster panel.
- The presentation must cover the material as cited in the corresponding submitted abstract.
- Place the title of your poster and the author’s names prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your presentation.
- Highlight the presenting author’s name, e-mail, and address information in case the viewer is interested in contacting you for more information.
- Prepare all diagrams or charts neatly and legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters. Paragraph and figure caption text should be AT LEAST 24-point font and headers AT LEAST 36 point font.
- Organize the poster so it is clear, orderly and self-explanatory.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
- Please DO NOT LAMINATE your poster unless you plan to re-use it. Un-laminated posters can be recycled.
Please note that no local printing service will be available during the conference. So please bear in mind to print and bring your poster.
There is a Fedex printing store near the Lerner Auditorium located at 600 W 116th St,. To know more about it: http://local.fedex.com/ny/new-york/office-4452/copy-print-services.html